Blue Badge - Permit to park in reserved places
The Blue Badge is a legal document and is issued by the Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability to persons who are entitled to the Special Identity Card and have severe and permanent or temporary mobility impairment.
Who is Eligible for a Blue Badge?
- People with a permanent visual impairment, not exceeding 6/60 in the better eye, or who have a visual limitation preventing them from seeing from an angle of at least 20 degrees (tunnel vision) and who use a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
- People who have a severe permanent impairment who drive a car regularly.
- Persons who have permanent and severe physical impairment which prevents them from walking or who do so with great difficulty or for those whom any effort at walking would be detrimental to their lives on account to their impairment and who makes use of a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
- People with a severe mental impairment or who exhibit severe challenging behavior and who require frequent assistance and/or supervision during the day and night and who use of a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
Apply for Blue Badge
You can apply for the Blue Badge using these two methods:
– Application for Renewal
- Or by downloading and completing these mandatory Application;
Page (2) Customer details and signature
Page (3) Doctor (medical certificate – very important it needs to include the Doctor’s signature and stamp)
Page (4) Blue Badge – please make sure that the applicant signs in the space provided
Also note that you need (1) passport photos certified on their back and administrative fee of € 11.50 and non-refundable when applying for the first time (New Application). Present everything at the CRPD offices.
Benefits of Blue Badge
Those persons in possession of the Blue Badge are entitled to have the vehicle in which they are travelling parked in public places reserved for persons with disability with the Blue Badge prominently placed against the windscreen.
All EU Member States have an identical Blue Sticker and it can be used in all these countries and vice versa.
Blue Badge Renewal and Termination
Renewal of these documents is the responsibility of the holder.
All individuals making use of the Blue Badge (BB) are kindly advised to take action and renew the relevant documents at least (3) three months before expiry date.
Should the information on the Blue Badge become illegible, the holder should contact CRPD and ask for it to be replaced.
If the Card is lost, the holder must present a police report to CRPD for a new card to be issued.
NOTE: Documents in question are legal documents and thus, in the case of the owners death, the document must immediately be returned to CRPD.
If this is not done, two notices are issued by CRPD after which it requests the Commissioner of Police to collect it.
For more information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.